Costs, Fees, Logistics & Eligibility
- Training fees: Please refer to our SCHEDULE for the posted fees for each training. The costs of each session differ depending upon location and part of training. At this time we are not able to offer combined discounts for registering for both parts at once—we apologize for any inconvenience.
- Lunch is on your own for all days of the training.
- All facilities used by the Institute for Creative Mindfulness are in compliance with ADA standards. Please send us an email if you have any concerns about access prior to the training.
- Payments accepted: PayPal, major credit cards, checks, cash. Your registration is not confirmed until payment is received.
- Consultation fees: The trainee is responsible for arranging and paying for their 10 hours of supplementary consultation. At the basic training level you are required to use one of the Institute for Creative Mindfulness consultants to complete your consultation. Our team members' fees vary depending on their availability and geographical location. See the consultation link for more details. At the basic training level all consultation hours can be met through group consultations. You will receive more information on booking consultation at the Part I training. Teleconferencing is available for trainees and all consultation hours may be completed via teleconferencing.
- Spaces for each training are very limited since we have to maintain a low attendee-to-faculty ratio (10:1 for practicum). Thus, payment is required at the time of registration to confirm your spot. We will keep a waiting list if the training is closed. The Institute for Creative Mindfulness will refund any training fees in full if you cancel two weeks prior to the training. If you cancel within two weeks of the training, you will be refunded half of your money, and the balance can be applied to a future training with the Institute for Creative Mindfulness. Only medical documented reasons or family deaths are considered as an exception to this policy. No-shows are not eligible for a refund.
- As of January 1, 2017, you will have 24 months to complete both parts of the training and the required consultation. Exceptions may be granted based on circumstance. If you do not complete in this time frame specified by EMDRIA, you may be required to complete Part I again before continuing.
- Eligibility to take the training: (a) Masters or doctoral degree in a clinical mental health-related field (e.g., counseling, marriage & family therapy, social work, psychology) required. Although it is not required, it is strongly preferred that you are in active clinical practice and working with clients; (b) Master’s level students may be permitted to take the course if The Institute for Creative Mindfulness receives a letter of recommendation from a faculty member ahead of time; (c) Medical professionals (e.g., nurses, physicians) may also be eligible to take the course if they possess a clinical master’s or doctorate degree and if their primary specialty is within mental health. In these three specialty scenarios, prior approval is required from the Institute for Creative Mindfulness; (d) Chemical dependency professionals with a master’s degree or higher may also be eligible to take the course. Pastoral/Christian counselors, art/music/dance therapists may also be eligible if they can show sufficient clinical content on their Master’s level transcripts. In these three specialty scenarios, prior approval is required from the Institute for Creative Mindfulness; (e) In the cases of these special circumstances, all cases must be made in writing with supporting documentation directly to Dr. Jamie Marich. You can send your request to: email@example.com Your registration is not considered complete/confirmed until approval is granted.
Reading on? Please make sure you viewed the orientation video on this page or the previous page before proceeding.