Dancing Mindfulness uses the art form of dance as the primary medium of discovering mindful awareness. Dancing through seven primary areas of mindfulness in motion: breath, sound, body, story, mind, spirit, and fusion (of all elements), with a respect to the attitudes of mindfulness, participants tap into their body’s own healing resources and realize that we all have a unique creativity just waiting to be cultivated! To find a facilitator training, the first step towards formal certification as a Dancing Mindfulness Facilitator, please visit the Dancing Mindfulness Training Page on the Dancing Mindfulness website.
Certification as a Dancing Mindfulness Facilitator
Upon successful completion of all required sessions, you will be eligible to receive certification as a Dancing Mindfulness facilitator on behalf of Dr. Jamie Marich and The Institute for Creative Mindfulness:
- This certification can be used as verification of your training to teach courses in Dancing Mindfulness at whatever venues are within your scope of experience; see Dr. Marich privately for questions about appropriateness of venue for facilitators
- Although one cannot stop you from teaching others how to teach Dancing Mindfulness, you are not authorized to certify others on behalf of Dr. Marich & The Institute for Creative Mindfulness at this time.
- If you miss any of the sessions for any reason during a facilitator training, it is your responsibility to make up sessions with Dr. Marich on a private basis; fees may apply depending on distance traveled and scheduling accommodations; see Dr. Marich privately with questions
- Certification in Dancing Mindfulness does not include any insurance or malpractice accommodations at this time; you are responsible for procuring these benefits if you see fit.
To become an affiliate Dancing Mindfulness facilitator-trainer of The Institute for Creative Mindfulness (which would allow you to certify people on behalf of the Institute), the following criteria are established at this time:
- At least a Master’s degree in a human services or education profession, or a 500-hr level yoga teacher training; exceptions may be granted for well-qualified individuals on a case-by-case basis
- A written statement of interest/intent
- Teach at least 10 Dancing Mindfulness classes of your own in a 6 month period, preferably in a variety of venues. Video documentation of at least one of your classes for Dr. Marich to view (or she can attend if feasible) is strongly suggested.
- Five (5), one-hour consultation sessions with Dr. Jamie Marich in-person or by phone/Skype over a 6 month period. Standard consultation rates apply
- At least one experience assisting Dr. Jamie Marich at a Dancing Mindfulness facilitator training or for 75% or more of the weekend. If you live a distance away, an alternate mentorship program can be proposed.
- Commitment to following the “bare minimum” weekend training model established by Dr. Jamie Marich; if you wish to do longer trainings or make alterations to the manual, you may at your discretion as long as it is approved by Dr. Marich/The Institute for Creative Mindfulness