Eligibility for EMDR Therapy Training Program
- A masters or doctoral degree in a clinical mental health-related field (e.g., counseling, marriage & family therapy, social work, psychology) is required. Although it is not required, it is strongly preferred that you are in active clinical practice and working with clients.
- Medical professionals (e.g., nurses, physicians) are also eligible to take the course if they possess a clinical master’s or doctorate degree and if their primary specialty is within mental health.
- Master’s level students may be permitted to take the course if The Institute for Creative Mindfulness receives a letter of recommendation from a faculty member ahead of time. Requests and letters of recommendation can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chemical dependency professionals with a master’s degree or higher may also be eligible to take the course. Pastoral/Christian counselors, and art/music/dance therapists may also be eligible if they can show sufficient clinical content on their Master’s level transcripts. In these three specialty scenarios, prior approval is required from the Institute for Creative Mindfulness. In cases of these special circumstances, all cases must be made in writing with supporting documentation directly to The Institute for Creative Mindfulness. You can send your request to: email@example.com Your registration is not considered complete/confirmed until approval is granted.
Training Fees and Associated Costs
- The costs of trainings vary depending upon location and part of training. Because we work on an affiliate model, we allow our faculty members to set their own prices based on location and needs of their community. Please refer to our SCHEDULE for more information about the cost of each training.
- Trainees are responsible for their own meals during each day of the training.
- The trainee is responsible for arranging and paying for their 10 hours of supplementary consultation. Trainees are required to use one of the Institute for Creative Mindfulness consultants to complete your consultation. Our consultants' fees vary according to their availability and geographical location. See the consultation link for more details. At the basic training level all consultation hours can be met through group consultations. You will receive more information on booking consultation at the Part I training. Teleconferencing is available for trainees and all consultation hours may be completed via teleconferencing.
Logistics and Other Important Information
- All facilities used by the Institute for Creative Mindfulness are in compliance with ADA standards or we work with facilities that can make arrangements upon requent. Please send us an email if you have any concerns about access prior to the training.
- We accept payment via PayPal, major credit cards, checks, cash. Your registration is not confirmed until payment is received.
- Spaces for each training are very limited since we maintain a low attendee-to-faculty ratio (10:1 for practicum). Thus, payment is required at the time of registration to confirm your spot. We will keep a waiting list if the training is closed. The Institute for Creative Mindfulness will refund any training fees in full if you cancel two weeks prior to the training, less a $25.00 processing fee. Cancellations within two weeks of the training will be eligible for a 50% refund, and the remaining balance can be applied toward a future training with the Institute for Creative Mindfulness. Only medically documented reasons or family deaths are considered as an exception to this policy. No-shows are not eligible for a refund.
- As of January 1, 2017, trainees have 24 months to complete both parts of the training and the required consultation. Exceptions may be granted based on circumstance. If participants do not complete in this time frame specified by EMDRIA, they may be required to complete Part I again before continuing.
Reading on? Please make sure to view the orientation video on this page